Dear visitor! We welcome you to our guesthouse and camping site ÖKOTÚRA!
Our guesthouse and campsite is closed from 31 October to 31 March 2022.
We look forward to welcoming our dear guests in the year 2022 as well. We accept your questions and reservations through our telephone and online contacts.
Ökotúra is waiting and taking care of you!
The guesthouse and camping is located in village of Hortobágy in the heart of the Great Hungarian Steppe Hortobágy (Puszta), 1500 m from different World Cultural Heritage sites, 2000 m from railway station and close to Highway 33. It is next to the newly built cycleway and to the trunk line bus stop. Our guesthouse** and camping site** stands under the shadow of deciduous trees in the midst of small forest park. Guests are welcome here from April to November.
Visitors here are delighted at being close to nature, with the special atmosphere of landscape and the magic of the Puszta.
Whether you’re a tent enthusiast or prefer hotel room, our family-owned enterprise offers comfortable accommodations for everybody at reasonable prices. We hope to welcome you soon as a guest in our guesthouse and camping site!
- Guesthouse: In our two storey guesthouse we can offer 18 comfortable rooms for up to 48 persons:
- 6 twin rooms
- 12 three-bed rooms
Every room is equipped with a small hall, bathrooms/showers and WC. On both floors there are common bathrooms/showers, WC, common room (TV, video, Wi-Fi connection).
- Camping site: You can rent one of our 12 tent or caravan pitches situated close to our guesthouse. Each plot is between 60 – 100 square meters and separated by a hedge. The camping site is equipped with centrally located facilities for cooking, washing and dishwashing, showers and WC.
- For 1 person:
- for 1 night: HUF 14.000/ night (€ 40.00 / night)
- for more nights: HUF 11.000/ night (€ 32.00 / night) 20% discount
- For 2 person:
- for 1 night: HUF 17.500/ night (€ 50.00 / night)
- for more nights: HUF 14.000/ night (€ 40.00 / night) 20% discount
- For 3 person:
- for 1 night: HUF 21.000/ night (€ 60.00 / night)
- for more nights: HUF 17.000/ night (€ 48.00 / night) 20% discount
- For 4 person:
- for 1 night: HUF 24.000/ night (€ 70.00 / night)
- for more nights: HUF 18.000/ night (€ 56.00 / night) 20% discount
- dogs, cats, small animals (transportbox, mobil kennel)
HUF 3.000.- (€ 8.-)/p/night
In consideration of the main programs in Hortobágy we accept bookings for minimum 2 nights for the following weekends: In 2020: 20-21-22-23. Aug , 23-24-25. Oct.
Discounts in our guesthouse, camping site, restaurant:
- Parents with children 5-10 years sharing room: discount of 50%
- Children under 5 years old: free
Camping site prices:
- Tent pitch + vehicle (without electricity): HUF 1500.00 / day (EUR 4 / day)
- Tent pitch + vehicle + electricity: HUF 3000.00 / day (EUR 8 / day)
- Caravan (without electricity): HUF 3000.00 / day (EUR 8.00 / day)
- Caravan + electricity price: HUF 4500.00 / day (EUR 12.00 / day)
- Price: HUF 1500 / day (EUR 4.00 / day)
- dogs, cats, small animals HUF 1.000.- € 4.-/db/night
- For reservations of 5-10 days: 10% discount
- For reservations of more than 10 days: 20% discount
Prices in the restaurant of the guesthouse and camping site:
- breakfast (if required, must be ordered in advance): HUF 2000 / person (EUR 6.00 / person)
- lunch (if required, must be ordered in advance): HUF 5000 / person (EUR 14.00 / person)
- dinner (if required, must be ordered in advance): HUF 3500 / person (EUR 10.00 / person)
The prices include the VAT. (Tourism tax of HUF 400.00 / day / person is not included for adults over 18 years.) Check-in: after 14:00 Check-out: by 10:00
The following services are included in the price:
- Wi-Fi connection
- Playground, table tennis, trambulin
- The using of fireplace for grilling and cooking
Services at extra charge:
- Restaurant, buffet (according to the price list)
- The using of the event hall: common activities, lectures, hall sport an more (200 m2, hire charge HUF 5000.00 / hour, EUR 20.00 / hour)
- Bike rental service – Prices : Deposit per bike 5.000 HUF / 20 € , First hour 600 Ft / 2 € , Additional hour 400 Ft / 1,6 € , Half day (6 hours) 2.000 HUF / 8 € , Full day (12 hours) 4.000 HUF / 16 € (Rental rules)
- Organized programs, eco-tours (more under “Programs”)
- Visiting the circular house of the National Park Hortobágy and the Courtyard of Tradesmen
- Sightseeing tour of World Cultural Heritage sites: Nine-span Bridge, Shepherd’s Museum, Hortobágy Inn (Csárda)
- Organized bike tours in the National Park
- Horse-drawn carriage driving into the Puszta, visiting the old-established domestic animals and their habitat
- Bird watching tour with light railway of Halastó
- Visiting the Bird Hospital
- Tour of the Puszta Animal Park (grey cattle, water buffalo, Nonius and Huzul horses, Racka sheep and more)
- Wildlife Park tour of Malomház (wild horses, aurochs, wild donkeys, wolves, wild dogs and more)
- Watching the stars by night in the Puszta with “tourist guide”
- On nature study paths: presentation of the typical Hortobágy meadow and the habitat of water fauna
- Agrotourism: practical presentation of ecological farming, try out organic food
- Presentation of renewable energy sources and their using (solar energy, heat pump and more)
- Grilling and cooking on an open fire, cooking of herdsman food, learning by doing
- Opportunity to become familiar with the traditions and customs of pastureland farming: herdsman rules, traditional clothing, basic equipment and more
|2018.04.28.||Szent György-napi Kihajtási Ünnep|
|2018.04.28.||Országos Bio- és Kézműves Vásár|
|2018.04.29.||BarangoLÓ – kalandtúra a Mátai Ménesben|
|2018.05.19.||Országos Gulyásverseny és Pásztortalálkozó|
|2018.06.23.||Nyári Napforduló Ünnep|
|2018.07.06. – 2018.07.08.||Hortobágyi Lovasnapok|
|2018.08.18. – 2018.08.20.||Hortobágyi Hídivásár|
|2018.09.29.||Szent Mihály napi Vígasságok|
|2018.10.20.||Szent Vendel-napi Kisbojtár Találkozó|
|2018.10.20.||Szent Dömötör-napi Behajtási Ünnep|
|Guesthouse and camping site Ökotúra|
Owner and operator: Kőhíd-Hortobágy Szolgáltató Bt. Manager: Boda Mihály
Telephone : + 36-30-2069770, +36-52-369-075 Fax : +36-52-369-075 E-mail: info[at]okotura.hu
GPS: N 47.5809671, E 21.1757396 How to get here: directly by the 74-km-stone on Highway 33, at the starting point of cycleway, next to the trunk line bus stop, 2000 m from the railway station.